Exhibitor Rules - Tractor / Engine / Equipment
EDGE&TA BRANCH SAFETY OFFICERS, EDGE&TA SAFETY OFFICERS, AND EDGE&TA INSURANCE ADVISORS ARE AUTHORIZED TO SHUT DOWN ANYONE FOR UNSAFE OPERATION.
EVERY participant in EDGE&TA events MUST be a member of an EDGE&TA Branch.
No set of requirements, regulations or cautions can prevent an incident. We must, however, take these safety requirements seriously. Our individual awareness and adherence to both required and desired requirements will greatly increase the safety of our parade entrants and the public who attend our sanctioned events.
1. A driver must be at least 16 years of age or older and have a valid drivers license. A driver between the ages of sixteen and eighteen must have written permission from their parent or guardian in the form of a Sharecropper’s Parent / Guardian Permission Form signed and dated for this show.
2. There shall be only ONE (1) person on a tractor when moving, unless there are provisions for others and these provisions meet with the Safety Officer’s approval.
3. Never leave a tractor in gear when parked. This prevents a tractor from lunging and possibly injuring bystanders if accidentally started.
4. Never leave an unattended tractor running.
5. All tractors must be equipped with a kill switch or other device to stop the tractor accessible by the operator.
6. All towed equipment shall use adequate sized safety chains, cables, or straps.
7. Any tractors having steel lugged wheels may only access areas protected by mats or other protective devices.
8. Show officials will determine the placement of tractors, engines, and other equipment in the display areas.
9. Stanchions with ropes shall be used to maintain a distance of at least “three feet” between viewers and items being displayed or operated.
10. There must be sufficient space around equipment being operated to provide the operator with easy access to the equipment at any time.
11. Fire extinguisher must be located in proximity to any operating equipment.
12. During the demonstration of any “tractor” powered equipment, there must be someone in the tractor seat at ALL times to control the tractor or the operator must have a kill switch easily accessible.
13. While moving large tractors or any equipment where the operator’s view is restricted, there must be a second person to act as a safety person to help protect the spectators.
14. Any factory equipped brakes or parking brakes must be in good working order. Wheel chocks must be used when a tractor is parked on any slope or incline.
15. Care must be taken when refueling any equipment. The engine on the equipment being refueled MUST be stopped.
16. If any equipment has an oil or fuel leak, a tray containing non-flammable absorbent material should be placed under the equipment to catch the leaking fluid.
17. Display areas should be kept free of trash or debris.
18. No alcoholic beverage is to be served or consumed in area where equipment is being displayed or operated.
19. A Safety Officer may shut down any exhibit or operation at any time due to unsafe operation or conditions.